The AICTA is a project approved by the ASEAN Telecommunication Ministers (TELMIN), in-line with the Strategic Thrusts: Innovations as stated in the ASEAN ICT Masterplan (AIM) 2015 and its successor document AIM 2020. It is a yearly ASEAN event, which recognizes the best ICT achievement, promoting creativity and trade relations, encouraging transformative innovations, and offering business opportunities among organizations, institutions, companies or entrepreneurs and their product or products across the ASEAN region.
Specifically, it aims (i) to promote creativity and encourage innovation, (ii) to provide incentives for R&D efforts to acknowledge, recognize and reward ICT Innovators, (iii) to recognize organizations that have the most appropriate advancement in the adoption of ICT, (iv) to further recognize the interplay of ICT in the growing economy of ASEAN, pointing the direction on trends and growth of ICT products in the ASEAN region, and (v) to provide recognition of ICT products, creating interest to promote ASEAN ICT products in the international market.
Further, as AICTA recognizes the best ICT achievement among entrepreneurs across the ASEAN region, it also aims to be the benchmark for success in terms of innovation and creativity, offering business opportunities and promote trade relations thus uplift the strength of ICT and community awareness in ASEAN both locally and international region.
- The 1st AICTA was held in 2012 in Cebu Philippines, which has five (5) award categories: (1) Public Sector, (2) Private Sector, (3) Corporate Social Responsibility, (4) Digital Content, and (5) Start-up Company.
- The 2nd AICTA held in 2013 in Singapore recognized innovative products and services in ASEAN, introduced a new category called Research and Development increasing the total number of categories six from the previous of five.
- The 3rd AICTA was successfully organized in 2014 in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The 4th AICTA was held in 2015 in Da Nang, Viet Nam.
- The 5th AICTA was held in 2016 in Brunei Darussalam.
Objectives of AICTA are as follows:
- Develop ASEAN ICT Awards to promote creativity and encourage innovation
- Provide incentives for R&D efforts to acknowledge, recognize and reward ICT Innovators
- To recognize organization that have the most appropriate / advancement in the adoption of ICT.
- The awards point the direction on the trend and growth of potential ICT product in ASEAN
- To further recognize the interplay of ICT in the growing economy of ASEAN
- Provide recognition of their products thus create an interest to promote ASEAN ICT products in the international market.
Benefits of participation
- All nominees will receive certificate of participation
- Winners will receive trophies (gold, silver and bronze) and certificates of winners
- Winners will receive US1000 subsidy (2 persons for each nominee)
- Winners will be put in various promotional materials to publicize their achievements
- Winning the AICTA competition, this will increase the status of the local entrepreneurs’ product and be a part of their milestone achievement
The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) is pleased to inform concerned and relevant stakeholders about the ASEAN ICT Awards (AICTA) 2017, which is to be held on 29-30 November 2017 in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
In this regard, the DICT hereby invites interested participants or nominees to submit their entry of nominations to the 2017 ASEAN ICT Awards. Interested participant or nominee can visit these websites for more details, namely:
- “Official Website” of the event: http://aseanictaward.com;
- “Promotional Video” of the event: http://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzLc_dabA9AFMjVtU2FocF83Rnc; and
- “e-flyer” of the event: http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Vwtt2oZh1JUGFXYXRheGt3Y2JiOXd1MGE0WXZTWm5yVC1R/view?usp=sharing
The table below shows the schedules of event:
|Deadline of submission of entry or entries||01 September 2017|
|Preliminary (online) Judging||04-29 September 2017|
|Final Judging||29-30 November 2017|
|Awarding Ceremony||30 November 2017|