|Position Title:||Computer Maintenance Technologist II|
|Division:||Government Online Services Division (GOSD)|
|Appointment Status:||Job Order|
|Duration:||3 months (September 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018)|
|Monthly Salary:||Salary Grade 15 + 20% Premium|
|Salary:||Php 34,812 (Inclusive of 20% in lieu of all other government benefits, honoraria, allowances and other forms of remuneration, subject to appropriate government taxes)|
|Source of Funds:||ICT Systems and Infostructure Management and Services MOOE|
|Particulars:||Responsible for providing basic technical support for the Government eMail System (GovMail) implemented by the DICT.|
|Deliverables:||· Accomplishment Report
· Helpdesk Resolution Report
· Server logs Report
· Incident Report up to resolution
|Duties and Responsibilities:||Under the direct supervision of the OIC, Government Online Services Division (GOSD), the Computer Maintenance Technologist II shall be tasked to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
a) Administer GovMail system and operating environment.
b) Technical collaboration with GovMail support service provider and related stakeholders;
c) Conducts quarterly GovMail Forum;
d) Level 2 Technical Support for the entire GovMail System and resolve Severity 2 issues and concerns from the system administrators of client government agencies and observe proper escalation to immediate/next higher superior;
e) Responds to queries including complaints via GovMail support e-mail and Helpdesk as instructed;
f) Technical collaboration with GovMail support service provider and related stakeholders;
g) Assist in the conduct of GovMail Training of Trainors (for users) and System Administrators and prepare necessary documents and other administrative requirements for the conduct of the said training/orientation such as but not limited to coordination of venue and participants, preparation of PRs and vouchers for the suppliers/supplies, IDs, attendance sheets and the like;
h) Release advisories to all GovMail system administrators regarding system updates, phishing/spam attacks and/or maintenance schedules;
i) Prepare draft Terms of Reference for approval and other documentary requirements for GovMail Purchase Request, Abstract Bid of Canvass, and bidding;
j) Submit daily status reports for consolidation;
k) Screen, assess and certify completeness of of documents necessary for request of accounts for government agencies availing GovMail;
l) Coordinate with client agencies for any concerns and issues regarding the use of GovMail accounts;
m) Ensure that systems, procedures, and standards are strictly implemented in its daily operation including incidence, troubleshooting alerts, daily logs and escalation;
n) Support the implementation of the Division’s plans and programs in coordination with stakeholders and other DICT units/divisions; and
o) Performs such other tasks as maybe assigned by the Division Chief and/or the Director.
|· With basic experience in Basic Computer Networking (cable installation and termination based on international standards), Basic Networking Devices (installation and configuration of routers/switches);
· Basic experience in Linux Operating Systems and Firewall Appliances;
· Basic knowledge in Command Line Interface (CLl) – DOS, Linux, etc.; and
· With knowledge in Network Documentation.
· Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to estimate and procure materials and labor.
· Ability to keep accurate records, coordinate written work requests and work orders, and maintain good inventory records.
· Very good computer skills.
· Physical ability and dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of the job.
· Ability to bend, stoop, climb, and lift a minimum of 10 kilograms.
|Additional Requirements:||· Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ECE or Information Technology
· Minimum two years’ work experience as a computer technician/technologist;
· Data Center’s experience an advantage;
· Adapt /manage with Shift work which can change periodically with modest notice.
· Require to routinely work on holidays and weekends that may occur during the shift.
· May require overtime.
MARIO ELMER G. CUNANAN
PHILIP A. VARILLA
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org