|Position Title:||Computer Programmer II|
|Division:||Government Online Services Division (GOSD)|
|Appointment Status:||Job Order|
|Duration:||3 months (September 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018)|
|Monthly Salary:||Salary Grade 15 + 20% Premium|
|Salary:||Php 34,812 (Inclusive of 20% in lieu of all other government benefits, honoraria, allowances and other forms of remuneration, subject to appropriate government taxes)|
|Source of Funds:||ICT Systems and Infostructure Management and Services MOOE|
|Particulars:||Responsible for providing basic technical support for the Government eMail System (GovMail) implemented by the DICT.|
|Deliverables:||· Accomplishment Report
· Helpdesk Resolution Report
· Server logs Report
· Incident Report up to resolution
· Program Source Code/Scripts
|Duties and Responsibilities:||Under the direct supervision of the OIC, Government Online Services Division (GOSD), the Computer Programmer II shall be tasked to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
a. Administer GovMail system and operating environment.
b. Formulate the logic to solve data processing problems.
c. Revise existing computer programs.
d. Maintain the source codes of existing systems.
e. Develop and document computer programs.
f. Train people from government agencies on the use of government email system.
g. Comply with policies, code of conduct, and other applicable rules and regulations.
h. Assist in source code analysis and other vulnerability testing for customized website;
i. Level 2 Technical Support and resolve Severity 2 issues and concerns for the entire govmail systems;
j. Assist the client agencies who avail govmail and ensure completeness of document requirements for approval of the said request;
k. Monitor system stability, reliability and performs other tasks such as bug reporting, fixing and testing across multiple browser/ platform for the data structures being maintained and release advisories as necessary;
l. Conduct script and source code checking and auditing for security vulnerabilities;
m. Coordinate for vulnerability testing and other necessary measures for highest DICT security and standards;
n. Submit daily status report for consolidation;
o. Ensure that systems, procedures, and standards are strictly implemented in its daily operation including incidence, troubleshooting alerts, daily logs and escalation;
p. Support the implementation of the Division’s plans and programs in coordination with stakeholders and other DICT units/divisions; and
q. Performs such other tasks as maybe assigned by the Division Chief and/or the Director.
|· Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
· Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations and the environment will affect outcomes.
· The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
· The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
· Physical ability and dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of the job.
· Provides technical support to other units
|Additional Requirements:||· Bachelor degree preferably in Mathematics, Computer Science or Natural sciences
· Adapt/manage with shift work which can change periodically with modest notice
· Require to routinely work on holidays and weekends that may occur during the shift.
· May require overtime.
MARIO ELMER G. CUNANAN
PHILIP A. VARILLA
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org