Government Video Conferencing Service (GVCS) is a technology that provides video telephony and online chat services through a cloud-based software platform and is used for teleconferencing, telecommuting, distance education, and social relations. It allows users to hold live, visual connections from different locations for the purpose of communication. This service is convenient for government agencies and other institutions because it can be used to hold meetings that may be one-to-one, one-to-group, or group-to-group.
Aside from making real-time long-distance “face-to-face” communication possible, the tangible benefits of Government Video Conferencing Service (GVCS) include saving time and convenience to workforces as we adjust to the ‘new normal’ environment.
As the ‘new normal’ requires heavy reliance on technology, we offer the use of Government Video Conferencing Service (GVCS), a video and web conferencing software provided by DICT for the Government of the Philippines. This is one of the solutions that is readily available to ensure the continuity of operations and transactions while working remotely.
The Government Video Conferencing Service (GVCS) offers:
- High-definition video for face-to-face meetings and flexible audio-only conference call options
- Large Meeting Capacity: can host meetings with unlimited minutes for up to 300 participants.
- Multi-Sharing: multiple participants can share their screens simultaneously during a meeting. This can be useful for a real-time comparison of documents or other materials by participants.
- Virtual Background: set a new background in your meetings to hide clutter, eliminate distractions, or highlight branding.
- Waiting Room: security feature that allows the host to control participants who want to join the meeting.
- Breakout rooms: allow you to split your meeting in up to 50 separate session.
- Calendar Integration: seamless joining by using free Scheduler Extension or Plug-In for your existing calendaring system.
GUIDELINES ON THE USE OF GOVERNMENT VIDEO CONFERENCING SERVICE (GVCS)
- Government Video Conferencing Service (GVCS) shall provide service to all National Government Agencies (NGAs), Local Government Units (LGUs), Government-Owned and Controlled Corporations (GOCCs), and Government Financial Institutions (GFIs) that wish to host web conferences, meetings and webinars.
- DICT will be the one to create the meeting based on the details submitted by the requesting agency.
- DICT will send the meeting details including the link and password to the designated technical person for proper dissemination. Only share the information to designated attendees.
- Meetings may be started earlier than scheduled upon request. This shall include “subject for approval” as such will still be under approval or availability of the slot requested. Regardless, meeting links are open at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Once the meeting has started, DICT will transfer to the assigned technical person and he/she will have full control of the meeting.
- The technical person has the option to lock the meeting and scan attendees before letting them in the meeting room.
- The technical person has the option to record the proceedings. Recording must be saved on the technical person’s computer. Cloud-based recording is not allowed for security reasons.
MINIMUM OPERATING REQUIREMENTS
1) Computer or Mobile Devices, such as phone or tablet
You may download a desktop application to your computer through this link: https://zoom.us/support/download or you can still join meetings using the web application instead. Mobile application is also readily available for download on your smartphone.
2) Stable Internet Connection
3) Designated technical support
HOW TO REQUEST FOR A GOVERNMENT VIDEO CONFERENCING SERVICE (GVCS)
- Submit the request at least 2 days before the actual meeting by answering this Google Form: GVCS Form
The form consists of the following:
- Technical Person/Host (Full Name)
- .gov.ph Email Address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mobile Number
- Meeting Description
- Meeting Date
- Meeting Time
- Length of Meeting
- Require registration for participants?
For more information, you can also email us at email@example.com.