THIS CONTEST HAS BEEN EXTENDED! New deadline for submission of entries is now 12 July 2013
As part of it’s on-going rationalization and re-organization, the DOST-ICTO is holding a contest for the design of the official DOST-ICTO logo.
DOST – ICT Office Logo-Design Contest
Mechanics, Rules and Regulations
1. The contest is open to all Filipinos nationwide.
2. The contest duration is from May to 20 June of 2013, extended to 12 July 2013
3. Participants may SUBMIT THREE (3) STUDIES PER ENTRY. The logo design must be incorporated with the Official DOST Logo, and a stand alone banner logo.
4. Entries should be in digitized format (at least 300 dpi in Adobe portable document format (.pdf)). The raw file of the digital artwork should be drawn/ illustrated in A4 size using Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
Submit the file in the following formats:
a) Flat pdf format, minimum size 12cm x 12cm, minimum resolution 300 dpi (revised from: Flat jpeg format, minimum 300 pixels)
b) Original raw file. Filename is your name and artwork title. Example:
juandelacruz_logo-color.pdf, juandelacruz_logo-bnw.pdf, juandelacruz_banner.pdf, etc.
c) There are no restrictions in the number of colors used.
d) A brief description or rationale (not more than 500 words) explaining the components of the logo should also be included in the entry.
e) The logo should not carry the name of the artist.
f) Each study should be in two formats: one (1) full-color, and one (1) black and white / gray scale.
5. The design of the logo should be in accordance with DOST-ICTO Framework. The design must incorporate the DOST Logo (please see PAG-ASA, ASTI, PHIVOLCS, etc for reference). It should communicate a proactive, progressive, and empowered institution to implement ICT programs, projects, and activities in our country.
6. All entries must be sent to:
USEC LOUIS C CASAMBRE
ICTO-NCC Bldg., CP Garcia Ave
UP Diliman, Quezon City
or e-mailed to:
email@example.com on or before 12 July 2013, together with the
contestants’ basic information (name/institution/address/contact number/email address).
7. By entering the competition, the participants declare that the logo submitted is their original work, have not been submitted to any other competition, and does not infringe on any third party’s existing copyrights. Any complaints that may arise due to similarities, likeness or comparison of the design would be the accountability of the participant as he/she would be responsible to prove its authenticity.
8. The logo-making competition shall be judged according to the following criteria:
Concept/Relevance – 40%
Originality – 30%
Creativity and Impact – 30%
9. The winning entry will be chosen on 19 July 2013 (changed from 20 June). The decision of the judge/s is final.
10. The winner shall be informed through email and telephone call from a designated Office of the Executive Director (OED) staff.
11. Awarding of the entry shall be in 25 July 2013 (to coincide with the National Science and Technology Month ). One winner shall be chosen and shall receive a certificate and PhP25,000.00 cash prize. While Special Citation (3 entries): 5,000.00 each; Most Popular on Facebook: 5,000.00; Most Popular on Twitter: 5,000.00
12. All entries considered as winners for the contest (grand prize/with special citation, etc) shall be considered as property of, and maybe used by the ICT Office.
13. The ICT Office shall also have exclusive rights to the winning logo design; publish it on its websites, and in other media and corporate materials such as letterheads and envelopes. The ICT office reserves the right to further refine or make improvements and alterations on the final artwork of the winning entry.
For further inquiries, you may call the Office of the Executive Director, at 426-1526 and 920-0101 Loc 1001 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Internal Process of Selection:
1. All entries will be posted on the ICT Office, as well as the ICT Office Facebook page and Twitter for public voting. A voting period of 5 (revised from 15 days) days (counting from the last day of submission) will be allotted to select the top 10 entries. The selection is based on the Facebook and Twitter votes or “likes”.
2. The top 10 entries are subject to an opinion poll. Entries will be displayed prominently at the ICT Office’s premises, and will be ranked (by Execom and ManCom) according to its accuracy in portraying ICT Office’s brand as the highest policy and implementing body of ICT initiatives in the Philippines.
3. The ICT Office will determine the winner out of the top 5 entries chosen.
Criteria would be personal preference (of the Executive Director and/or that of the Secretary for Science and Technology) and the design’s accuracy in portraying ICT Office’s brand as the highest policy and implementing body of ICT in the Philippines.