|Position Title:||Information Technology Officer I|
|Division:||Government Online Services Division (GOSD)|
|Appointment Status:||Job Order|
|Duration:||3 months (September 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018)|
|Monthly Salary:||Salary Grade 19 + 20% Premium|
|Salary:||Php 50,518.80 (Inclusive of 20% in lieu of all other government benefits, honoraria, allowances and other forms of remuneration, subject to appropriate government taxes)|
|Source of Funds:||ICT Systems and Infostructure Management and Services MOOE|
|Particulars:||Supervise the operation and implementation of the government main online services including web hosting services, email systems and other related services during shift schedule.|
|Deliverables:||· Accomplishment Report
· Helpdesk Resolution Report
· Incident Report up to resolution
|Duties and Responsibilities:||Under the direct supervision of the OIC, Government Online Services Division (GOSD), the Information Technology Officer I shall be tasked to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
On Services Administration:
· Supervise the day to day operation and administration of the Government eMail (GovMail) System and other online services in the NGDC;
· Implements the integration of the government email to other applications and solutions systems developed by Government Digital Transformation Bureau which will be lodged in the National Government Data Centers (NGDC);
· Assist in the integration of the DICT systems with the existing system in the client agencies for interoperability;
· Establish a reliable monitoring system of the network to maintain a ensure secured database of the DICT online services;
· Conducts review and evaluation of the systems and services to be able to recommend improvement and changes when necessary;
· Conducts researches on current trends and issues on the management of national and critical government applications and data services for recommendation to the DICT management;
On Evaluation and Auditing:
· Evaluate submission of requests for accounts for official email for government client agencies;
· Conduct regular audit on accounts distributed to client agencies and ensure full utilization;
On Client Support:
· Ensure that critical issues are addressed promptly and that clients are given technical support as needed;
· Prepares periodic reports on the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the GovMail services of the DICT;
· Prepares reports on maintenance and updating of the modules on the operational management of national and critical government email application and services systems;
· Develop technical manual which may include FAQs and other information for easy reference and ensure the availability of helpdesk and technical support 24/7;
· Supervise staff performance of the Section and recommends development techniques for strong teams in order to achieve goals, plans and programs of the Division;
· Support the implementation of the Division’s plans and programs in coordination with stakeholders and other DICT units/divisions;
· Engage in different committees and take active participation in technical working groups, FGDs, and other such membership as necessary; and
· Undertake other initiatives and/or projects as maybe assigned by the Division Chief and/or the Director
|· With basic experience in Basic Computer Networking (cable installation and termination based on international standards), Basic Networking Devices (installation and configuration of routers/switches);
· Basic experience in Linux Operating Systems and Firewall Appliances;
· Basic knowledge in Command Line Interface (CLl) – DOS, Linux, etc.; and
· With knowledge in Network Documentation.
· Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to estimate and procure materials and labor.
· Ability to keep accurate records, coordinate written work requests and work orders, and maintain good inventory records.
|Additional Requirements:||· Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ECE or Information Technology
· Minimum two years’ relevant work experience;
· Data Center’s experience an advantage;
· Adapt /manage with Shift work which can change periodically with modest notice.
· Require to routinely work on holidays and weekends that may occur during the shift.
· May require overtime.
MARIO ELMER G. CUNANAN
PHILIP A. VARILLA
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org