Government-wide Email System (GovMail)
The Government Email System (GovMail) offers the government agencies their own user address which establishes official accounts and emails coming from the agencies.
A firstname.lastname@example.org address tells people that the person belongs to the agency named in the GovMail account. It gives credibility and weight to the email.
The GovMail system is in line with the e-Government Master Plan that aims to modernize government processes to improve the delivery of goods and services to the public and promote transparency. Citizens will also benefit in terms of confidence and peace of mind knowing that they are dealing with authentic government agencies.
Reminder: all the Requesting Agencies must have an existing Domain Name. For more information, you may check this link or contact email@example.com.
How to Avail GovMail
1. Submit the following documents via postal mail and/or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Duly accomplished Letter of Intent signed by the Head of the Agency:
Address the letter of intent to:
IVAN JOHN E. UY
Department of Information and Communications Technology
DICT Building, C.P. Garcia Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City, 1101 Philippines
+63 (02) 8-920-0101 local 3001/3000
- Duly accomplished Govmail Account Template verified and signed by the HR Head
- Duly accomplished GovMail Administration Form signed by the Head of the Agency, Chief Information Officer, or MIS head.
2. The requesting agency shall wait for the validation and account provisioning process.
3. The GovMail team will coordinate with the requesting agency for any updates and configuration regarding their application.
4. The requesting agency should coordinate with the DICT GovMail team once their MX Record and TX have been pointed to GovMail by their DNS hosting provider.
5. Provisioned accounts will be prepared to be officially transmitted and delivered to the agency via messenger and/or email.
6. The requesting agency will coordinate with the GovMail team to set a schedule for the conduct of user’s training and administration training.
For concerns and other inquiries, please send an email to email@example.com.